About NEET UG 2021
The NEET (UG) is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) since 2019 with the approval of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development (which is now known as the Ministry of Education), in pursuance of the direction of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide Judgement dated 22.11. 2018 in C.A. No. 11230 of 2018 in the matter of CBSE Vs. T.K. Rangarajan & Ors. (Para 22). Before NTA, the NEET (UG) was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NEET UG 2021
The NEET (UG) - 2021 is going to be conducted by NTA on 12th Sept, 2021 for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS
Courses as per the relevant norms/guidelines/regulations notified by the concerned Regulatory Bodies.
The official website of the NTA for NEET (UG)-2021 is https://neet.nta.nic.in/. All the test-related information, as amended from time-to-time (if any), will be available on this website only. Candidates must regularly view this website for the latest updates.
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test commonly called will be conducted by National Testing Agency for admission to the following UG medical courses -
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental /Ayurveda /Siddha /Unani Homeopathy Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- All seats including NRI Quota as well as Management Quota, in private unaided/aided minority / non- minority medical colleges shall also be filled on the basis of merit obtained in NEET 2021.
Syllabus of the Test
NMC (National Medical Commission) has notified the syllabus of NEET (UG)-2021. The Question Paper will be based on the given syllabus (Appendix-V) which is available at the NMC website (https://www.nmc.org.in/neet/neet-ug
). Furthermore, to rationalize the decision of
reduction in the syllabus by various School Education Boards, the NTA has taken the decision to provide choice in Section “B” for each of the 4 (four) subjects.
Pattern of the Test
The Test pattern of NEET (UG)-2021 comprises of two Sections. Each subject will consist of two sections. Section A will consist of 35 Questions and Section B will have 15 questions, out of these 15 Questions, candidates can choose to attempt any 10 Questions. So, the total number
of questions and utilization of time will remain the same.
The pattern for the NEET (UG)-2021 Examination for admission in the Session 2021-22 is as follows:
Mode of Examination
NEET (UG) – 2021 is a Pen & Paper-based Test, to be answered on the specially designed machine gradable OMR sheet using Ball Point Pen.
Duration of Test
The duration of the test would be three (03) hours.
Eligibility to appear in NEET (UG) – 2021
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG), as per related Regulations of NMC and DCI are as follows:-
He/she has completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Course.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwBD Candidates
Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) intending to pursue Undergraduate Medical Courses in a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
NEET eligibility for admission in BUMS Course- Candidates must have passed class 10 with Urdu or Arabic or Persian language as a subject, or clear the class 10 Urdu test (wherever there is provision to conduct of such test) in the entrance examination conducted by the University or Board or registered Society or Association authorized by the Government to conduct such examination. Eligbility through NEET for admission in BSMS course - Candidates must have passed Tamil as one of the subjects in class 10 or equivalent or candidates shall have to study Tamil as a subject during the first professional course Documents Required at Exam
- NEET admit card
- One passport size photograph
- PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph) /Ration Card/any other valid government ID
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority if applicable
- Letter of undertaking of own scibe if applicable
To read the full eligibility kindly read the NEET UG 2021 Booklet. click here
How to choose qualifying code in NEET?
To understand fully about qualifying code, watch the below video.
- Candidates appearing for Class XII in 2020 should select qualifying code as 01
- Those who have passed their class 12 should fill code [02 to 07] as per their qualifying examination.
- Candidates who dont fall under the above must use "others" and furnish all details asked.
Documents Required at Counselling
- NEET 2021 admit card
- Rank letter/Score card
- Date of birth certificate (if Class 10 pass certificate does not reflect the date of birth)
- Class 12 pass certificate
- Class 12 marks sheet
- Class 10 pass certificate
- Eight passport size photograph (same as affixed on NEET application form)
- Provisional allotment letter
- Identity proof
- Passport copy of sponsorer (only for NRI/OCI candidates)
- Sponsorship affidavit stating the sponsorer will take the responsibility for all the expenses incurred in the whole duration of the course (only for NRI/OCI candidates)
- Relationship affidavit stating the relationship of the candidate with the sponsorer (only for NRI/OCI candidates)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Follow my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/muzaffarkhan
Follow my Instagram channel https://www.instagram.com/MBBS_NEET_PG/