Friday, 23 July 2021
What is IELTS exam?
IELTS full form stands for the International English Language Testing System. It is an English language ability exam, which evaluates a candidate’s ability to converse in the English language across all four essential modules: speaking, writing, reading, and listening.
Numerous students who have prepared for or appeared for the TOEFL are surprised when they confront difficulties understanding accents and expressions used by British speakers in the IELTS. This is why a thorough IELTS Exam preparation, via self-study or a language school that covers the IELTS course, is required to succeed in the IELTS test.
There are Two Types of the IELTS Exam:
- General Training
Test-takers must know beforehand, which module is required for their purposes, as the scores are not interchangeable. Each test has a duration of two hours and forty-five minutes. Test-takers are required to pay IELTS fees for administration of the exam.
Broadly speaking, IELTS is taken by individuals who wish to study, live, or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication. In particular, the test is taken by three fundamental classifications of individuals:
- The individuals who need to study in an English-medium school, university, or college in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand
- The individuals who wish to apply for immigration to nations, for example, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
- The individuals who need to prove their English capability to meet the prerequisites of professional associations or regulatory bodies in various countries
The Computer-based IELTS, as the name suggests, is IELTS taken on the computer instead of the pen and paper test, which is traditionally associated with the IELTS. The structure, patterns and questions remain the same as the pen and paper version. Even how you book for the IELTS test is unchanged.
IELTS used to conduct computer-based tests in 2016 for the students willing to study in the UK. However, both the British Council and IDP have introduced Computer-based tests for all the students. The most beneficial part of the Computer Delivered IELTS is, the results are declared in 5 to 7 days. The students can choose the time they are convenient with, and there are more test dates for the Computer Based IELTS tests.
IELTS Eligibility FAQs
Anyone who wishes to pursue higher studies abroad or want to work abroad can attempt the IELTS exam (both Academic and General Training)
Who needs to check their IELTS eligibility?
You will need to check the IELTS eligible if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Planning to study in the UK(United Kingdom), Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA(United States of America).
- Being a Medical specialist, planning to work or for further study in the UK, Australia or the USA
- People planning to migrate to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
What is IELTS eligibility regarding candidate’s qualification?
Generally, a person who has passed in 10+2 level of education from any recognised Institution is an acceptable qualification for IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
Is there any IELTS eligibility regarding an age limit of the candidate?
IELTS eligibility is set and not recommended for people who are below the age of 16. IELTS exam can be given by anyone around the globe irrespective of race, age, nationality, gender, or religion.
What is the IELTS eligibility regarding the availability of the documents?
The applicant must hold a valid passport, which is non-expired. Driving licenses, student IDs and other documents are not accepted as valid proof of identification in the IELTS eligibility.
How to get enrol for IELTS?
You can register for IELTS test by following the steps given below by keeping in your mind the above mentioned IELTS eligibility:
- Visit the official British Council IELTS website.
- Click on the option “Register for IELTS now”.
- Fill in the required details like preferred test city, Test Type and available Test Date in the city.
- After you read the Terms and Conditions statement carefully, check the box saying you have read and agreed to the T&C, fill your personal information on the next page.
- Upload your valid and non-expired passport pages one by one carefully.
- On the next page, you can mention any universities where you need to send IELTS results.
- Once review all your input details before making payment.
- Make the mentioned payment for appearing in the IELTS test.
- Take the print out of the acknowledgement receipt.
IELTS Exam Fees:
IELTS is taken into more than 100 countries in the world. The IELTS registration fees vary from country to country. Therefore, one may have to pay comparatively more or less in order to appear for the IELTS Exam. Here are some of the countries and Fees one has to pay to take the IELTS:
||CA $309 - $319
||€225 - €230
||US $215 - $250
Follow my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/muzaffarkhan
Follow my Instagram channel https://www.instagram.com/MBBS_NEET_PG/