The Class Improvement Exam (CIS) is a novel concept roped in by state education board puts across an opportunity for students to reattempt the exam and try their luck. Herein, students who have already attempted their Class 12 examination in the month of March can reappear for the same in the month of July and then in February/ March in the succeeding year.
Candidates enrolling for the improvement exam must fulfil certain criteria as well as fill in the online application released by the MSBSHSE. After the exams, aspirants can consider retaining both the mark sheet or either of one based on where they have secured more marks.
How is Class Improvement Exam useful?
Nowadays, HSC is not limited to securing marks and admission to succeeding courses. It is an important criterion for securing eligibility for entrance examinations like NEET, JEE Main and MHT CET which are conducted after its completion. Here is where the examination proves to be of lucrative advantage to the candidates.
Procedure for enrolling to Class Improvement Exam
The application form for the CIS and HSC repeaters will be held in the month of July. The online application for the exam began from 03 June 2019 and will continue until 19 June 2019. The last date to apply for this is June 14 and with late fees payment is June 19, 2019. Here is a detailed procedure for its enrollment:
- The applications have to be filled online which is available on two portals www.mahahsscboard.maharashtra.gov.inor on www.mahahsscboard
- Scroll below and you can find the section for Latest News section
- Click on ‘Class Improvement Scheme HSC Maharashtra 2019’
- Fill in the mentioned details and you are ready to appear for the exam either in July 2019 or March 2020.
- Candidates wanting to appear for the exam must appear for the exam in the ones held in the same year July and then in Feb/ March.
- All students will only be given a chance for two attempts
- On attempting the exam, the CIS remark will be mentioned on the mark sheets
- Candidates must fill the online application within the stipulated date and make the payment of fees
- On qualifying the exam, students can opt for either mark sheets in which they have scored better. However, they will have to return the other one back to the board.
- Candidates will have to appear for all the papers and will not be given the option of appearing for only those subjects which they have scored less.
Tips to prepare for Re-Exam (CIS)
- CIS is a second chance for students to prove their mantle and increase their chance of securing greater scores in the examination. After having already attempted for the exam, you will be quite abreast with the syllabus and the important questions. However, considering such less time for exams, it can be quite a task to start with the entire preparation all over again. And this is where previous year question papers prove to be the ultimate stop for fastening your preparation.
- Solving as many papers as possible and getting an insight of previous year papers can make it easier for knowing which topics to lay more focus on and which to leave. So, choose the smart way out, revise and practice till you are completely abreast with preparation in entirety.