• mededuinfo
  • Thursday, 02 April 2020
  • blogs-counseling,counseling-explanation

Can I do MBBS in India & internship from Abroad?

Many students ask me this question that after completing their MBBS course from India, can they do their CRRI, in simple words internship from abroad?

Let me first tell you about CRRI. For getting the award of the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) degree, a candidate has to complete a Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship (CRRI). It is an one-year compulsory work in the hospital attached to the medical college for a period of one year. 

So the answer of the above question is No. An MBBS pass out candidates will not able to do their Internship from abroad. They will have to do it from the same college from where they have completed their MBBS course.

However, they also can opt to choose any other approved hospitals across India which has an MOU with your university. These hospitals are also known as Teaching Hospital.

For your convenience, I am providing a link that has the state-wise list of all approved hospitals, which one can choose to do their Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship. For the list click here.

Above all the internship in India is different compare to other foreign countries. For example, in UK an intern works in a particular department of medicine of his or her choice and is paid a monthly stipend for his work in the hospital.

While in India an intern is posted in all the clinical departments of the hospital on a rotation basis. This procedure gives them basic clinical experience in all the disciplines of medicine and enables them to work as a General Physician. Here also the interns are given a monthly salary.  

Rules governing procedure of Internship transfer.

Below listed are the brief rules for choosing an approved hospital other than hospital attached to your medical college.

  1. Candidate has to fill an Application form called “APPLICATION FORM FOR TRANSFER OF INTERNSHIP” to his MBBS colleges for doing the internship other than your college. Download a sample application form for Maharashtra University from here.
  2. The No Objection Certificate from the “Parent / Relieving” College under the signature of its Dean / Principal, as the case may be, with the seal of the college.
  3. No Objection Certificate from the “Admitting / Receiving” college under the signature of its Dean / Principal, as the case may be with seal of the College.

For the detail Rules refer the particular state-wise notification.

- By Muzaffar Khan

Follow my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/muzaffarkhan
Follow my Instagram channel  https://www.instagram.com/MBBS_NEET_PG/